The anatomy guide for yoga is now updated, expanded, and better than ever!
with more asanas, vinyasas, full-color anatomical illustrations, and in-depth information, the second edition of YogaAnatomy provides you with a deeper understanding of the structures and principles underlying each movement and of yoga itself.
From breathing to inversions to standing poses, see how specific muscles respond to the movements of the joints; how alterations of a pose can enhance or reduce effectiveness; and how the spine, breathing, and body position are all fundamentally linked.
Whether you are just beginning your journey or have been practicing yoga for years, Yoga Anatomy will be an invaluable resource one that allows you to see each movement in an entirely new light.
with Yoga Anatomy, Second Edition, authors Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews, both internationally recognized experts and teachers in anatomy, breathing, and bodywork, have created the ultimate reference for yoga practitioners, instructors, and enthusiasts alike.
See Inside Every Yoga Pose to Develop a Better Understanding of Each Movement
– Eka Pada Rajakapotasana: One-Legged royal pigeon pose
– Parivrtta Baddha Parsvakonasana: Revolved side angle pose
– Apanasana: Apana pose, wind release pose
– Utthita Parsvakonasana: Extended side angle pose
- Publisher : Human Kinetics; 2nd edition (28 October 2011)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 288 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1450400248
- ISBN-13 : 978-1450400244
- Reading age : 18 years and up
- Item Weight : 726 g
- Dimensions : 17.78 x 1.27 x 27.94 cm
- Country of Origin : USA